[cvsnt] New Postcommit Problems

Trip Kirkpatrick trip.kirkpatrick at yale.edu
Fri Apr 20 22:04:58 BST 2007

I'm banging my head against postcommit trying to get my scripts working
again. At some point recently* committing files started reporting
invalid escape characters and a failed script. After poking around, I
saw that I should be using forward slash or double-backslash in file
paths. Changed the postcommit lines to the former. No dice. Changed them
to the latter. No dice. Stripped the postcommit lines out completely. No
failures. Started building a single command line up and immediately got
the "script failed" error with no further info.

Found in the archives that I should have completely uninstalled CVSNT
before installing with the MSI. Uninstalled (found that there were two
entries in appwiz.cpl), rebooted, reinstalled 2.5.03.2382, rebooted. No
dice.

Here's what I'd like to execute and what used to execute:
^FrameworkCore d:\files\cometrepo\CVSROOT\update_directory.vbs
d:\files\www-dev \cometrepo
(where d is a local partition)

Here's what I've tried unsuccessfully since stripping all the commands
from the postcommit file:
^FrameworkCore
^FrameworkCore d:/dummy.vbs

I saw a thread in the archives about someone with some problems in
upgrading, and his solution was, in part, to prepend perl to the command
line. Maybe I'm just being thick, but isn't the first arg to the command
line treated as a regex pattern? Do I have to prepend the WSH executable?

Environment:
  Win 2K3 server
  Win XP Pro (TortoiseCVS) client

Hope you can help,
Tk

*You would be right in berating me for not tracking changes to my server
more closely.

--
Trip Kirkpatrick
SysAdmin / Sr. Programmer