[cvsnt] Setting up shared repositories

Richard Watt richard at familywatt.co.uk
Sun Aug 12 14:03:55 BST 2007

Hi,

I've got two Windows XP machines - one a desktop running XP Pro, the
other a laptop running XP Home. I've already got CVSNT 2.5.03 build 2151
with TortoiseCVS 1.8.31 as the GUI client running on the desktop
happily. I've got TortoiseCVS 1.8.31 running on the laptop, but I'd like
to connect it to the desktop's CVS repository.

I've configured the desktop system to use SSPI and login as
user at localhost. I've googled and checked the manuals, and I've found
that I'll need to change the CVSROOT environment variable to something like:

    CVSROOT=:sspi:user at ip_address:/cvsrepo

Where "user" is the login name and "ip_address" is the IP address of the
desktop system, but I feel that there's something else I need to do that
I'm missing at the moment.

Any and all advice will be much appreciated.

--
Richard Watt
Professional Software Engineer  Personal site - http://www.familywatt.co.uk/