[cvsnt] Please help -- imp - BUG

David Somers dsomers at trevezel.com
Fri Aug 17 05:20:59 BST 2007

On Aug 16, 2007, at 23:57, Juhi Bhatia wrote:

> Hi,
> I was trying to create a TAG on my head branch ..  It gave me the
> following error
>
> cvs server: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Too many open files
> cvs [server aborted]: cannot open docs/CVS/Repository: Too many open
> files
>
> Error, CVS operation failed
>

> Can you please help me with this ASAP

Did you try turning the server on and off?

You do know that subjects with things like "help" and "imp" in them
aren't likely to evoke the response you expect... something like
"Need help with 'too many open files' error"  would be better, y'know.

Of course, if you expect a slightly more serious answer, it would
help if you detailed your environment: platform and version of cvsnt
at a bare minimium.

Meanwhile, given its 6am and I haven't had any coffee yet, the best
serious answer you'll get based on the what you have supplied is:
If you are on windows, restart the cvsnt service
If you are on 'nix, try: stop xinetd; pkill cvslockd; pkill
cvspserver; restart xinetd.

Greetings from cold and rainy Amsterdam,

David
typographer/programmer/whatever
random thoughts blogged at http://www.omz13.com