[cvsnt] Please help -- imp - BUG

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Fri Aug 17 17:39:27 BST 2007

David Somers wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2007, at 23:57, Juhi Bhatia wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I was trying to create a TAG on my head branch ..  It gave me the
>> following error
>>
>> cvs server: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Too many open files
>> cvs [server aborted]: cannot open docs/CVS/Repository: Too many open
>> files

> Of course, if you expect a slightly more serious answer, it would help
> if you detailed your environment: platform and version of cvsnt at a
> bare minimium.

I'd guess he's on a RedHat Linux distro -- there was a problem with that
recently.  Of course, I have no clue without the version he's working
on.  Default response would be "upgrade the server and email again if
it's still broken".

> Meanwhile, given its 6am and I haven't had any coffee yet, the best
> serious answer you'll get based on the what you have supplied is:

mmmm... Good Coffee... Not that nasty stuff we get around here ;)

> Greetings from cold and rainy Amsterdam,

Greetings from HOT and humid Memphis, Tennessee!

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/