[cvsnt] Upgrading from 2.0.38

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Aug 28 10:09:07 BST 2007

Major things to consider:

1) Uninstall the current version, then install the new release (build
2382 for example)
Reason for uninstall is that the installer engine has changed from
InnoSetup to Windows Installer.

2) You will have to change all of your CVSROOT scripts (if you use any)
such that any path used uses a directory separator / instaed of \
(backslash is now treated as an escape character in the scripts). So if
you call a Windows program from loginfo its path must only use forward
slashes.

3) Make a backup of your repository before you start!

4) Also make a backup reg file from the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CVS\Pserver
It contains all of the CVSNT server settings and you will need to
restore those if you are backtracking to the previous version later on.

There may be other issues as well. It was a long time since I took this
step.....

Best regards,

Bo Berglund