[cvsnt] CVSNT and Maven

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Wed Aug 29 14:49:05 BST 2007

cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org wrote on 08/28/2007 03:33:55 PM:

> We have CVSNT 1.11.53 and Maven 2.0.7.  The Maven SCM Plugin has a CVS
> module, but it relies on the .cvspass file to have a cached password for
> each repository.  That .cvspass file is expected to be in the home
> directory (docs and settings/myuser1/.cvspass) but all CVSNT clients
> store their passwords in the registry or proprietary files.

I am not familiar with Maven, but I do know that that version of cvsnt is
ancient. You should probably upgrade to the current stable if at all
possible.

> If we could run the "cvs login" command using a cvs executable, that
> would create the .cvspass file for Maven to use.  However, both Maven
> and CVS expect a forward slash after the repository URL, and the CVSNT
> server path is "c:\cvsrepo\", which doesn't start with a forward slash.

If you have seen the .cvspass file before, can you just manually create it
and put it where Maven expects it to be? Also, new versions of cvsnt use
forward slash in the config files, so the repo would be seen as
"c:/cvsrepo/" by cvsnt. This might solve your slash problem.

> We seem to require a workaround that forces CVSNT to interpret a path
> starting with a forward slash instead of c:\.

Again, try upgrading to the current stable. Don't forget to adjust all
your cvsnt scripts to have forward slashes instead of backslashes. I would
backup the repo, uninstall the old cvsnt, then install the new cvsnt. The
installer changed between those versions, so a straight upgrade won't work
so well.

Good luck.

Brian