[cvsnt] Having trouble connecting to CVSNT server using SSPI

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Dec 5 01:20:00 GMT 2007

Alfred,

It's always best to do administration tasks on the command line.  WinCVS
includes the CVSNT command line client - but you probably want to
upgrade to the latest 2.5.03.2382 release.

> I went to 'Remote' menu in WinCVS->'Create a New Repository'-> Set my
> CVSROOT to
> ':sspi;username=administrator;password=<password>;hostname=216
> .171.173.133:/Test'

That format is deprecated.  Use :sspi:216.171.173.133:/Test

This format will use your current username and password automagically.

If you really need to use the Administator account then you need to do
cvs login:
cvs -d :sspi:DOMAIN\Administrator at 216.171.173.133:/Test login

Do not put passwords in the CVSROOT, you will be promted for a password
if needed.

The likely problem is that the Administrator user CVS is picking up is
not the DOMAIN Administrator (or vice versa).

Regards,

Arthur