[cvsnt] File Graph doesn't get displayed sometime

VIJAYWARGIA Vishvesh vishvesh.v at freescale.com
Wed Dec 12 11:15:20 GMT 2007

Hi
I am using CVSNT2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 as cvs server and
wincvs2.1.1.1 (Build1) as client.
My CVSNT server is on Linux RHEL host while we use wincvs from WinXP.
I am facing two issues while working on files from wincvs:

1. My project is having arround 1000s of files. When I try to see graph
of files, usually wincvs displays the graph successfully with merge
arrows. But for few files, when I try to open graph, wincvs try to get
information for long time without showing any error ("the fishes are
swimming").Wincvs doesn't respond even after a long time.
Then I modify one such file and committed. After check-in , wincvs
successfully started displaying the graph on this file. On other case ,
wincvs was showing graph of a file, when I committed modified file back,
wincvs stopped showing graph.
Can anybody tell me the issue behind this behavior? is it CVSNT problem
or wincvs problem?

2. From wincvs if I try to force commit a file on any branch, wincvs
gives the error. while normal commits work properly.

Again is this a CVSNT issue or wincvs issue?

Regards
Vishvesh