[cvsnt] reg: head-branch acl permission

Shivendra_Vishal Shivendra_Vishal at satyam.com
Sat Dec 22 07:41:33 GMT 2007

Hi,

Thank you Arthur, I changed the ACL for head (removed deny) and its working for our demo repository, we still have to verify the same in our main repository!!!!!

Here I want to ask a question that why giving the "deny" permission is creating problem for applying ACL to the branch?? I am asking this because "Aclmode=normal" in config file is also denying all permission whereas specifying deny permission explicitly through chacl is creating trouble.

Secondly, I tried to remove the ACL using the -d option as follows:
D:\demo1>cvs chacl -d module1
deleting ACL for directory module1

However when I use lsacl to view the ACL the ACL's are not deleted and cvs shows following result. Any suggestions??

D:\demo1>cvs lsacl module1
Directory: module1
Owner: sb17461

user=sv48388,branch=BR_TEST