[cvsnt] cvs update - "Numeric Directory Tags not allowed".

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Feb 1 06:40:06 GMT 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:58:56 +0530, "Sanjeev, Neeraja \(GE Infra,
Energy\)" <neeraja.sanjeev at ge.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>

>I recently installed the 2.5.03.2382 version of CVSNT. I am not able to
>get the previous versions of checked in files using the update command.
>
>I executed the command -      cvs update -l -r 1.1
>
>It returns an error "Numeric Directory Tags not allowed".
>

>The same command used to work with earlier version of CVS.
Not for a long time it has...

try cvs update -r 1.1 filename
instead, it will help.

The logic is that revision numbers are per file data and so are not
pertinent for sets of files like a whole module.

If you want more than one file then you need to specify either a tag
that is common to these files or a date.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)