[cvsnt] Any particular recommendations for web-based repository browser?

Cory.Bestgen at courts.mo.gov Cory.Bestgen at courts.mo.gov
Thu Feb 1 17:02:33 GMT 2007

We have been using ViewVC(http://www.viewvc.org/) running on the same
Win2003 server as cvsnt.

It wasn't too difficult to setup but I did run into some gotchas.
  * I couldn't get it to work with mysql 5 so I used 4.1 instead.
  * I couldn't get enscript working and used highlight instead.
  * Had to turn off tarballs because on projects with deep structures some
files wouldn't get added to the tarball.

But other than that it has been working like a charm using IIS.

Cory

             "Jim Hyslop"
             <jimh at view22.com>
             cvsnt-bounces at cvs         <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
             nt.org                                                     cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/01/2007 09:26          [cvsnt] Any particular
             AM                        recommendations for web-based
                                       repository  browser?

Hi, all

I've been looking into web browser software for CVSNT repositories. So
far I've found CVSWeb and ViewCVS. From what I can tell, both will work
with CVSNT, but I was wondering if one of them was a better fit (i.e.
more easily integrated). Any recommendations one way or the other? Are
there any other candidates I should look at?

My goal is to be able to browse the repository. Checking out and/or
modifying through the web browser is nice, but not necessary.

The repository is on a Windows 2003 server running IIS (I don't know
which version of IIS offhand, if that's important I can find out).

--
Jim