[cvsnt] CVSNT and Temp Folder Permissions

John De Lello JohnD at DelWare.com
Fri Feb 2 22:02:52 GMT 2007

I am having a problem getting CVSNT to work on my Windows 2000 Server. I
have the repository set to

Name	Root
/dev	E:/CVSRepositories/dev

My temp path is set to: E:\CVSTemp\tmp

The permissions I have on  E:\CVSTemp (children inherit so tmp is the same)

Admin - Full Control
System - Full Control
Everyone - Full Control
Service - Full Control

The CVS services are running as localSystem. The "Run as user" is set to the
default.

When a user is set to be an administrator, all is well and they can
update/checkin/checkout. If I remove the user from the Administrators group.
I get the following error when trying to update or commit:

cvs [server aborted]: cannot change permissions on temporary directory
E:\CVSTemp\tmp/cvs-serv3568: Permission denied

 Error, CVS operation failed

Does anyone have any ideas? This is driving me nuts.