[cvsnt] how to able a disabled account

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Feb 2 22:57:21 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 14:30:22 -0500, "3c" <seiki_ohnuki at 3circles.biz>
wrote:

>I just installed CVSNT 2.5.03 on my WinXP-SP2 PC and have experienced an
Which version of XP? There is Home and Pro and CVSNT does not work
fully on Home due to the way Miucrosoft has crippled the networking on
the Home versions.

>error "usr account disabled"
...snip
>Logging in to :pserver:testuser at mypc:2401:/ROOT
... snip
>Prior I set cvsadmin account as:
>   C:\cvsrepos>cvs passwd -r cvsadmin -a testuser
... snip
>testuser is the current login account on Windows OS.

If this is the case then why on earth are you using the pserver
protocol????
You have a CVSNT server running on an XP-Pro PC (or don't you?).
You are logged in to Windows as 'testuser'
Then the simplest approach is to use :sspi: as the protocol as shown
in this command example:
  cvs -d :sspi:mypc:/ROOT ls
This should list all the modules available on your server, at the
beginning just the CVSROOT admin module (only shown to admins, but you
stated that you are the admin).

Note that using the sspi protocol there is no login command used.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)