[cvsnt] CVSNT on Windows XP SP2 PServer Impersonation not working?

Vitali Lovich vlovich+cvsnt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 09:45:23 GMT 2007

Here's my configuration:

CVS repository stored in - c:\projects\cvs
CVSNT 2.5.03 2382 build  installed in - c:\program files\cvsnt

The CVSNT service is set to run under an administrator account and in
the service log on page it has the Local System account selected.

Both the system account and the administrator have been added to the
local policy setting "Impersonate a client after authentication".

I have pserver enabled, and sspi with negotiate support, kerberos, and
ntlm enabled.

There are three users, let's call them Tom, Dick, and Harry.  They are
part of the group NewGroup.

- c:\projects (NewGroup only has List Folder Contents enabled).
    -cvs (Same rights as c:\projects)
         + CVSROOT (NewGroup has full rights)
         + Rep1 (NewGroup & individual users have all rights revoked)
         + Rep2 (NewGroup & individual users have all rights granted)

I've also tried setting SystemAuth to yes & no.

The problem is that Tom, Dick, or Harry can login and checkout Rep1 when
they should only be able to check out Rep2 (or am I not understanding
how impersonation works?)

The same thing happens for both pserver & sspi.

I've also tried removing Tom, Dick, and Harry from NewGroup, but that
still doesn't change anything - they can still checkout Rep1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks