[cvsnt] cvsnt for word doc version control

Prochazka, Jan Jan.Prochazka at brooks.com
Mon Feb 12 15:27:29 GMT 2007

My 2 cents to discussion "why not VSS".
The main reason why we switched from VSS was that VSS was virtually
unusable over slower cost-to-coast Intranet network. The problem is that
VSS *IS NOT* client-server architecture. It is client only, the server
is file share only. Hence *ALL* repository has to be transferred to the
client *ALL THE TIME* when client wants to do *ANYTHING* with it.
The second reason was file security: We did not have good feeling that
all our source code is buried deep in proprietary MS database and the
database was growing suspiciously fast.

JP