[cvsnt] CVSNT service user and impersonation

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Tue Feb 27 18:35:11 GMT 2007

Rick Martin wrote:

> I'll check out the NET USE with user credential, although I don't really
> like hard-coding the password in the file.

You could (and in any case probably should) use a user who has very
restricted permissions (e.g. only write access to that directory tree, and
nothing else).

> I'm tempted to write a service to use file change notification to watch
> over the repository folders and kick off a process when changes are
> detected. I was just hoping the built-in support could meet my needs.

There are directory sync applications that do this quite nicely. You
probably can work something out with using cvsnt commit scripts or shadow
file to keep a sandbox on the server up to date, and use a directory sync
application to replicate this sandbox to a remote share. (This sync app
would also need to have a user configured that it uses to connect to the
remote share; this should be the same restricted user I was talking about
earlier.)

Gerhard