[cvsnt] executing cvs update from cron job?

Shiv shivi at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 05:18:59 GMT 2007

  I have configured my cron job on a solaris box to execute the cvs update daily at 11:00 PM and do the build.
  But it seems that cron is not able to execute the cvs update command. No error came though.

  My shell script is something like:

  #!/bin/sh
/bin/sh -x /dev-webapp/build/pankaj.sh
echo 'bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb'
/bin/sh -x /dev-webapp/build/stopAll.sh

  APP_HOME=/dev-webapp
JAVA_HOME=/u04/jdk1.4.2/j2sdk1.4.2
export APP_HOME JAVA_HOME
cd $APP_HOME/checkouts/applications
/bin/sh -x cvs -q update -A -d -r build-5
cd $APP_HOME/build

  This script is working fine except the cvs update command. Even if i try just the cvs -q update -A -d -r build-5, result is same.