[cvsnt] Strange bug cvs bug. Long path?

wolfprime wolfprime at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 21:22:08 GMT 2007

D:\temp>cvs checkout -rB4_1_0_4_branch
"BetweenTier/Source/Distribution/Company Repository/system/Query
Object Model Library Folder"
cvs server: Updating BetweenTier/Source/Distribution/Company
Repository/system/Query Object Model Library Folder
cvs checkout: in directory .:
cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory

Client and Server version are 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382

I narrowed it down to the path above.  The error only occurs when
trying to checkout on our branches, not in our Trunk.  The files in
that directory exist only on the Trunk.  We have plenty of paths with
spaces in them so I really don't think that's the issue.  Also the
total path length doesn't seem to approach 255 so I don't think it's a
maximum path issue.

Anyone have any ideas or things I can look at?

Thanks!
-Wolf