[cvsnt] Mergepoint issues on 2.5.0.3 b2382

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.local
Fri Jan 12 16:27:49 GMT 2007

Harrison, Andy wrote:
> As you have pointed out Tony, the prime importance is the preservation
> of data. This is one aspect of CVS that I have always noted and been
> impressed with. Bearing this in mind, I realise that if I want this
> particular functionality (with the warnings of potential data-loss
> noted) then I will either have to add the patch myself or go back to
> 2.0.58d. So I'm going to again attempt to build the source.

The only compromise I can think of is putting it as a hidden option
somewhere but then putting enough warnings in it to stop people adding
it without thinking gets messy.  It won't go into cvsnt as unless Arthur
puts it in since I don't deal with the cvsnt core code any more.

> If I have build problems, should I address them to this list or
> cvsnt-dev?

Probably best on cvsnt-dev.  Building is a bit of a challenge (it's a
big package with lots of dependencies) but everything is available to do it.