[cvsnt] Keyword Substitution no longer working followingarecentupgrade.
r.boatfield at sstl.co.uk
Mon Jan 15 11:42:20 GMT 2007
I finally got our install of CVSNT up and running properly.
It turns out the original upgrade failed almost solely because of the
We have a policy of partitioning on our servers possibly just for historical
reasons or organisational reasons, but this was having a direct impact on
the operation of CVSNT.
Our servers usually have the following partioning scheme:
C:\ - normal system install location
E:\ - Swap drive
F:\ - Temp drive
G:\ - Applications install location.
Our original install of CVSNT was on the G:\ drive and worked fine, but when
I upgraded to 2.5.03 build 2382 we encountered all kinds of problems,
including the spurious error "Could'nt open default trigger library" and our
recent Keyword substitution problem.
Whilst trying to resolve these issues I completely uninstalled CVSNT and
reinstalled, but I forgot to change the install location and the system was
installed to C:\Program Files\CVSNT
I tested the new install and everything worked fine, I know longer received
the error message or had any problems with Keyword substitution.
I was checking our set-up and realised I'd not installed CVSNT to our
standard location, I therefore uninstalled it, and reinstalled it to our
usual location: G:\Apps\CVSNT. Upon completing the install all our problems
promptly returned. So I uninstalled (again) and reinstalled to the default
It would appear that if CVSNT is installed anywhere other than on the C:\
drive then it does not work properly.
I've re-checked the install instructions again and noted the comments
although the fact that we have a space in the directory name ('program
files' as opposed to 'programs') doesn't seem to be having an effect at the
As a point of fact, the G:\ drive is still on a local disk on the server but
clearly something is trying to operate as if it's on C:\ and failing
It's perhaps worth mentioning that whilst trawling through the various
installation instructions I note that it says you must not set-up the
repository or cvstemp directories on networked drives. We have a SAN drive
attached to the server (to provide plenty of space for the code) but it
attaches as a local drive (I:\ in this case) and everything works fine.
Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they run into similar problems in
More information about the cvsnt