[cvsnt] export cgi

zac elston zelston at printingforsystems.com
Tue Jan 16 18:53:01 GMT 2007

I need to have a web app export/checkout a file from the repo and I
can't get past the user permissions

i added a readonly user to the CVSROOT passwd file and my cgi does a

-bash-3.00$  /usr/bin/cvs -d :pserver:readonly at cvs:/psi checkout psi-
auth/specfile
cvs checkout: warning: failed to open /home/apache/.cvspass for
reading: No such file or directory

so I make a .cvspass for apache
/1 :pserver:readonly at cvs:2401/psi

and get

/usr/bin/cvs -d :pserver:readonly at cvs:/psi export -DNOW psi-auth/
specfile
cvs [export aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)

surely this is an FAQ, but I didn't see it

anyone got a pointer for setting up CVSNT to allow anon/read only
authless access for a web tool?

thanks

-zaq