[cvsnt] I'm stumped....

Tony Kennett Tony.Kennett at aegate.com
Thu Jan 18 15:11:56 GMT 2007

Hello,

I have a couple of problems that may or may not be linked and I would be
grateful for any help in trying to resolve them.

Firstly, some checkouts just hang. From what I can tell the associated
server-side cvs.exe process appears to hang (i.e. all activity for the
process, as reported by the Windows Task Manager, stops). This problem
only seems to affect users I have just added to the relevant passwd
files.

Secondly, the CVSLock process appears to stop and restart automatically
now and again (i.e. scattered throughout the Application log are a
number of "CVSLock stopped successfully" events).

We are running CVSNT 2.5.02 on a HP Proliant DL320 G3 running Windows
Server 2003 SP1.

The users are using TortoiseCVS version 1.8.30 (I got them to upgrade
just in case).

Thanks,

Tony.

Tony Kennett