[cvsnt] CVSNT - solaris

Richard Wirth richard at wirthware.de
Fri Jan 19 10:30:40 GMT 2007

Hello Roberta,

RM> Thank you to help me again.
RM> I commented the line

RM> #LockServer=localhost:2401

RM> but now the error is:
RM> connect to 192.168.25.21:2401 failed: Impossibile stabilire la connessione.
RM> Rifiuto persistente del computer di destinazione.

RM> Traslated It's (more or less): Impossible to establish the connection.
RM> Persistent refusal of the destination computer

RM> In the file /etc/cvsnt/PServer the default line is:
RM> # LockServer       Default lock server location.  Can be overridden by
RM> #                  LockServer directive in individual repositories.
RM> #
RM> #LockServer=localhost:80
RM> So If I comment the line cvs use the port 80. Doesn't It?

No, no! Please leave the config of lockserver the default setting (aka
commented out).
Lockserver has nothing to do with the port cvs server listens on.
Lockserver is an extra server running in cooperation with cvs server
to maintain file locking.

If you can not connect to cvs server, please check the config of
xinetd again. Make sure it is realy working (did you restart it after
adding cvsnt to the config?).
Check your open ports with netstat.

--
Best regards,