[cvsnt] pserver works, can't get sserver or sspi going from instructions in linux wiki

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Sat Jan 20 17:34:20 GMT 2007

I'm actually on FreeBSD 6.1, but the linux stuff all seems to apply,
however, sspi and sserver don't work, and I'd like to put something with a
modicum of security out my firewall.  I see no further info on sserver or
sspi on cvsnt.org or in the freebsd mailing list archives.  I did do
cvspasswd sucessfully via pserver for the repository in question, and it
didn't seem to make a difference.

I have openssl installed, and I have samba installed and working.

I get the following errors:
<cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
<cvsnt at cvsnt.org>>cvsnt -d:sspi:steve at localhost/fd login
CVS Password: *******
cvsnt [login aborted]: unrecognzed auth response from localhost:
Authentication protocol rejected acces

>cvsnt -d:sserver:steve at localhost/fd login
CVS Password: *******
SSL connection failed(0): error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
cvsnt [login aborted]: connection to server failed

My win32 boxes all use sspi currently; If I have to go to sserver, anyone
have a windows script for traversing a tree (a rally big one) and replacing
all the root files that specify sspi with sserver?

Thanks,
Steve

--
Steve Franks, KE7BTE