[cvsnt] Migrate repository from CVS (GNU) to CVSNT

TJH tharkin at sempratrading.com
Mon Jan 22 14:26:05 GMT 2007

We have an existing GNU CVS v 1.11 server, running on Solaris.  We are
migrating to CVSNT 2.5.03, running on Windows 2003.  We are having issues
with the repository on the new server.  (We are also changing the
authentcaition protocol to sspi, but that is working OK). Our process is as
follows:

1. On existing CVS server, have all of the developers check in their code,
stop the CVS daemon, and tar up the repository.
2. Copy the tarball to new server.
3. Install CVSNT on new server as per best practices in the Wiki.
4. Unpack the tarball (I used WinRAR).
5. Set up the CVSNT control panel repository configuration tab to point to
the extracted repository from the tarball.  The Publish Repository, Default
Repository, and Online items were selected.

The repository "looks" OK, when running an ls against it for instance.
However, when the developers check out code and try to compile it, they end
up with missing file errors.  Any thoughts?  I know that the docs
specifically state that the you should not use the built in tools to extract
anything, but could WinRAR be the culprint?