[cvsnt] Imported File Repository Corruption (2.0.58d)

David Hauck davidh at netacquire.com
Tue Jan 23 22:26:57 GMT 2007

Hi Gabriel,

> At Tuesday 23/1/2007 14:16, David Hauck wrote:
>
> >I'm wondering if anyone's seen this behaviour before. I regularly
> >import module snapshots using the following 'import' command (this
> >is with client/server 2.0.58d on Win2K):
> >[...]
> >The expansion flag (as seen in the kopt field) is clearly corrupted.
> >Anybody know how this might happen and how I can prevent it
> >from happening? I haven't tried eliminating the -ko from the import,
> >but I imagine this would have an effect; however, I'd rather
> >not have to do that as the -ko is meaningful for most of my imports
> >(i.e., for new files that get added during the import).
>
> I don't know why it began to fail, but consider that 2.0.58d is a
> rather old version... I'd upgrade to the latest stable release.

:) [I was expecting (but hoping otherwise for) a response like this ;).]

We've been using this version for years and are very comfortable with its limitations/behaviours. Indeed, the aforementioned import
procedure has never failed us over this time.

Anyone else have input? I went ahead and removed the "-ko -I!" portion of the import and this prevented the corruption (repeated
attempts otherwise always created the identical corruption).

Regards,
-David