[cvsnt] CVS HEAD stuck?!?

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at Nosp_am.bentley.com
Mon Jul 2 16:41:46 BST 2007

Thanks for the info.  We don't run AV on our CVS servers.  It is
pointless since the only way to put anything on the box is via CVS, and
there any binaries are stored as text so the AV can't find anything in
the repositories anyway.  It took a little while to convince the
hardware guys of this, but I've found that installing AV's, even when
they are completely turned off, can make a 10-20% performance difference
when reading from disk.  And that's just for the ones where I was able
to gather data; some of them led to crashes, hangs, or blue screens.

I'm always suspicious of the network. :)

Thanks
chuck