[cvsnt] rename breakage

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Tue Jul 10 03:12:50 BST 2007

Bryce Schober wrote:
> pre-pending "BAK". Voila! Everything magically worked! Though I now so no
> record of either rename (as I expected).

Warning:  The RCS file will have record of the different filenames.
It's possible that you may encounter unexpected results when reverting
to a specific version that was renamed.

> So, a couple questions:
> - Should I run screaming in horror from this kind of workaround, or is it a
> reasonable solution to my current problem?
> - What additional data would you like from me to help fix this serious
> breakage in advertised-working functionality?

A set of simple steps to repeat the problem and the resulting RCS and
sandbox would be helpful.  I'm not sure what has already been collected
for this issue though, I'm just coming into this thread now.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/