[cvsnt] sessionid as foreign key

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Thu Jul 19 20:19:57 BST 2007

cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org wrote on 07/19/2007 11:43:47 AM:

> So the function works as expected. The return value just seems to get
lost
> before the next query happens (to insert something like taglog data).

We put a DB2 event monitor on the database and ran a tag command. Here's
what we saw:

  Text     : Insert Into SessionLog (Command, Date, Hostname, Username,
SessionId, VirtRepos, PhysRepos, Client) Values ('tag','2007-07-19
18:15:14','P3038356.aepsc.com','s188253','7d2b469faa32e766','/usr/local/cvs/caf','/usr/local/cvs/caf','CVSNT
2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382')

  SQLCA:
   sqlcode: 0

Followed by a commit.

Then, a statement attempted to be prepared, but it doesn't show us what it
was.  It returned a -104 which means:

An unexpected token _token_ was found following _text_. Expected tokens
may include: _token-list_.
Explanation:
A syntax error in the SQL statement or the input command string for the
SYSPROC.ADMIN_CMD procedure was detected at the specified token following
the text text. The text field indicates the 20 characters of the SQL
statement or the input command string for the SYSPROC.ADMIN_CMD procedure
that preceded the token that is not valid. As an aid, a partial list of
valid tokens is provided in the SQLERRM field of the SQLCA as token-list.
This list assumes the statement is correct to that point. The statement
cannot be processed.

Next is a Operation: Open, again with no SQL statement provided.  It
returned a -727, which means:

SQL0727N
An error occurred during implicit system action type _action-type_ .
Information returned for the error includes SQLCODE sqlcode , SQLSTATE
sqlstate and message tokens _token-list_ .

Probably the -727 was caused by the -104. We can't see what commands are
failing unless maybe we run it in a debugger, so if Tony or Arthur could
give us a hand here, we'd appreciate it.

Is it possible the ODBC connection is performing in some generic way what
would be done by the native client in a "DB2 way"? I guess I am again
asking, would a native DB2 audit plugin help here?

Thanks again,
Brian