[cvsnt] Can't init repository

Mark Spacw markspace at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 22 21:32:28 BST 2007

Hey all, I just downloaded cvsnt and tried to create a new repository to
begin playing around with.  CVSNT said I can't because I don't have
permission.  Well, I'm the first user, and I don't see in the manual
where to give myself administrator permission. And adding a user
requires a repository, according to the error message.

Am I missing something?  A complete install of CVSNT includes a server,
yes?  I'm not sure how to get over the hump of just starting out.  Any
help is much appreciated.  I'm running windows vista:

C:\Users\Brenden\Dev\srcdb>dir \Users\Brenden\Dev\srcdb
  Volume in drive C is OS
  Volume Serial Number is 2225-A6A0

  Directory of C:\Users\Brenden\Dev\srcdb

07/22/2007  01:13 PM    <DIR>          .
07/22/2007  01:13 PM    <DIR>          ..
                0 File(s)              0 bytes
                2 Dir(s)  42,135,363,584 bytes free

C:\Users\Brenden\Dev\srcdb>cvs -d /Users/Brenden/Dev/srcdb init
cvs init: Unable to register repository.
cvs init: Your login may not have sufficient permissions to modify the
cvs init: global server settings.

C:\Users\Brenden\Dev\srcdb>