[cvsnt] what is the command to find the list of the files changed in a check-in

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Mon Jul 23 13:11:48 BST 2007

Tony Hoyle wrote:

>> Is there a chance that some of these are being used together (so to
>> speak as orthogonal concepts)? Say a tag that's on some files of a
>> bugid but not on others, so that you want to use tag and bugid
>> together. Probably rare...
>
> The same problem exists with dates - cvs has no unified way to say 'this
> branch on this date'.  There are a couple of solutions implemented
> depending on which command you're using but there are crucial places
> where there's no way of saying it.. so handling multiple conditions is
> something I need to think about anyway.

Maybe something like an -r option with several selectors in parentheses or
so. Or being able to repeat -r options (and introduce another option for
the second selector of the differential merge -- it was not really a good
decision anyway to use the same option for two different meanings).

While we're at thinking about it... :)  I always felt that a clearer
distinction between a tag and a branch would be helpful. Other than being
able to use them with the same command options, they don't seem to have
much in common (from a user's perspective).

Gerhard