[cvsnt] remove(delete) a revision from cvs

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Sun Jul 29 01:46:02 BST 2007

Tom wrote:
> What if you are in a condition that the wrongly submitted information is
> farely inpropriate to see by other users, some more example could be (though
> exaggerated): you are a CIA agent hide as a programer and submit your
> profile by mistake into the cvs. (...haha :0 ), and in this situation you do
> want to roll back. Though in most cases it is rarely needed to do the roll
> back, but with this flexibility could protect privacy like this.

Lock the offending, uneducated user(s) out of the system with proper
ACLs first:
cvs chacl -u gbush -a none
cvs chacl -u dcheney -a none
... etc ...

... Then retire the CIA agent because if they make a mistake that bad,
they shouldn't be undercover anymore anyway!

Seriously, you can still roll back as long as you're careful.  Backup
your repository first!  It's a function that isn't likely to go away,
it's just a practical necessity IMHO.  That said, I'm not the product
manager for CVSNT, Arthur is.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/