[cvsnt] Not able create a module with aclmode=normal

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Fri Jun 1 14:17:59 BST 2007

pradeep swaminathan wrote:
>  I am not able to create a new module with aclmode=normal. I have added the user id to the admin file and the set the CVSROOT owner.
> When I try to import, I get
> << cvs server: User 'cvsadmin' cannot read from /repocvs >>

Sounds like you closed off your own permissions.  Try this (from anywhere):

cvs -d <your CVSROOT> rchacl -u cvsadmin -a all .

Assuming your cvsadmin account is in fact an admin in CVS, this should work.

If that doesn't work then make sure the admin file contains the EXACT
username CVSNT thinks you are using.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/