[cvsnt] Cvs log between two tags on a branch

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Mon Jun 4 15:01:33 BST 2007

Matthew Rich wrote:
> It looks like it is picking up changes on the trunk also. I
> just want changed on the branch.  I'm getting changes listing back to
> 2004 for files added and other updates even though my tags were only
> created days apart this month.  Can anyone see where I'm going wrong
> here?

Looks like?  Why not do a quick test to confirm.

> The command I'm running is cvs log -N -rtag1::tag2 |perl c:\cvs2cl.pl
> --stdin

Have you examined the output from the log command?

> The cvs version i'm using is Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT)
> 2.0.62.1817 (client/server)

That's quite old, I suggest you upgrade to get to a more recent version.
   The current OSS stable version is 2.5.03.2382.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/