[cvsnt] cvs: Obsolete CVSUSEUNIXLF option used. Please update your client.

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson xenon at 3dnature.com
Tue Jun 5 18:16:53 BST 2007

> Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:44:04 -0600
> From: Chris 'Xenon' Hanson <xenon at 3dnature.com>
> Subject: [cvsnt] cvs: Obsolete CVSUSEUNIXLF option used. Please update
> 	your	client.
> To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org
>
>    When we switched to the latest CVSNT, we started getting the error "cvs: Obsolete
> CVSUSEUNIXLF option used.  Please update your client.". I understand this to mean that
> support for the CVSUSEUNIXLF option has been removed, but I can't find when or why this
> was done, or what we're supposed to be doing if we were employing that option.
>
>    The CVSNT History link at the left side of the Wiki:
> http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/
>
>    points to a page that isn't available anymore. I tried searching this mailing list, but
> could only do it manually, and didn't locate any discussion of the issue.

   I'm kind of surprised the no-one has any comment on this. Is development of CVSNT just
quietly dead? Somebody obviously removed this option for some reason, but there doesn't
seem to be any paper trail I can find of who did it, why, and what one should do if you
were using it.

   I'm not trying to be a pest, but pursuing the issue with my own resources has only led
to dead ends.

--
      Chris 'Xenon' Hanson | Xenon @ 3D Nature | http://www.3DNature.com/
  "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs,