[cvsnt] Is there a changelog anywhere for CVSNT?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Jun 6 22:50:42 BST 2007

Eric,

> Forgive the ignorance, but where are the instructions for it?

http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/Moving-files.html#Native

Note: all that said - the example is wrong.  Should be:
cvs edit filename
cvs rename filename filename2
cd ..
cvs commit directory

The "isntructions" do allude to that, but the example is misleading.

Usual caveats apply - try it once on a copy of your repository that you
do not mind discarding if something goes horribly wrong...

>  I know this is probably very premature to ask, but is
> there any targeted date for a release version?

I mostly work on the commercial side, and yes we have a very definite
plan of releases.  Tony will mark a version open source stable when he
feels it is ready for that moniker.

I may release more information in about 3 weeks when our progress on the
current plan can be better measured, or I may leave it until the next
RC.

> Will EVS be backwards compatible with older CVS clients?

EVS will accept connections from a variety of older clients, the exact
list is still being determined.

Regards,

Arthur