[cvsnt] Can CVS require a check in comment?

Prochazka, Jan Jan.Prochazka at brooks.com
Mon Jun 25 15:37:41 BST 2007

Hello Arthur,
I believe I have submitted our solution at least twice. Nevertheless,
here it is again:

the 'veryfimsg' file does have one line in it:

DEFAULT <server_local_absolute_path>\verifymsg.exe

and the verifymsg.cpp is:

// verifymsg.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application.
//
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <direct.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <tchar.h>
#include <atlstr.h>

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
	char* buffer;
	CString msg, msgOrig="";
	FILE* msgFile;
    long lSize;

	//something is wrong (file name should be here)
	if (argc <= 1){
		printf("\nSomething ir really wrong, file name is
missing.\n\n");
		return 2;
	}
	if (NULL==(msgFile = fopen(argv[1],"rt"))){
		printf("\nSomething ir really wrong, can not open
message file.\n\n");
		return 2;
	}

	//jump to C

    // obtain file size.
	fseek(msgFile , 0 , SEEK_END);
	lSize = ftell(msgFile);
	rewind(msgFile);

	// allocate memory to contain the whole file.
	buffer = (char*) malloc(lSize);
	if (buffer == NULL){
		printf("\nSomething ir really wrong, can not allocate
message buffer.\n\n");
		fclose(msgFile);
		return 3;
	}
	// copy the file into the buffer.
	fread(buffer,1,lSize,msgFile);

	/*** the whole file is loaded in the buffer. ***/

    fclose(msgFile);
	//add end of string
	buffer[lSize-1] = '\0';

	//jump back to C++

	msgOrig = msg = buffer;
	free(buffer);

	msg.Trim();

	//at least 1 space in the message
	if (msg.Find(" ") == -1){
		printf("\nPlease provide a more substantial commit
message then \n\n");
		printf("'%s'\n\n",msgOrig);
		return 1;
	}

	//at least 6 chaqracters
	msg.Remove(' ');
	msg.Remove('\t');
	msg.Remove('\n');
	if (msg.GetLength() < 6){
		printf("\nPlease provide a more substantial commit
message then \n\n");
		printf("'%s'\n\n",msgOrig);
		return 1;
	}

	//OK
	return 0;
}

This email message, including any attachments, may contain confidential and proprietary information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying or dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify Brooks Automation, Inc. immediately by reply email or by calling Brooks US Headquarters at +1 978-262-2400. Then delete this message from your system, without making any copy or distribution.  Thank you.