[cvsnt] cvs server: warning: <file> is not (any longer) pertinent

Rick Martin rsmandcam at _NO_SPAM_sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 25 17:56:37 BST 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:37:18 +0100, Nuno Rocha wrote:

> I want to checkout ONE file to a directory in my web server, do some
> processing with the file and then commit the changes. For that I'm using the
> command:
>    cvs -d :ssh:<username>@<server>:/cvsntroot checkout -d path_to_local_dir
> -- path_to_cvs_file
>
> This works fine at the first time that I checkout a file to my local
> directory. When I try to checkout ANOTHER file to the SAME local directory I
> get the following message:
>    cvs server: warning: <file> is not (any longer) pertinent

Hi Nuno,

What version of cvs server and client are you using? What OS?
I just ran through your scenario without any troubles. I checked out three
files one at a time to a specified directory. No error message and the
sandbox looked normal including the meta data files.
I'm using 2.5.03 Build 2382 for both server and client. Both systems are
running WinXP. I'm also using SSPI instead of SSH. Don't know if that
matters.

HTH,
Rick