[cvsnt] CVS Server setup issue !!!

Chirantan Saha chirantansaha at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 04:40:43 BST 2007

Hi CVS Experts

I am having some issue while updating/commiting files in cvs repository.
The strange thing is - I am able to connect the server properly, but after connecting server I am not able to get the repo "myproj" ...
Pls guide me if anyone has got any idea ... There may be some issue in the server side also, becaue I have only setup the server yesterday. I am not sure where the exact problem is, whther server-side or client-side.

cvs -d :pserver:csaha at ixin-cm-build3:/usr/local/cvsroot login
Logging in to :pserver:csaha at ixin-cm-build3:2401:/usr/local/cvsroot
***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****

I am getting errros like these ...

cvs update (in directory D:\cvshome-client\myproj\)
cvs update: Updating .
cvs update: failed to create lock directory for `/usr/local/cvsroot/myproj' (/usr/local/cvsroot/myproj/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs update: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/usr/local/cvsroot/myproj'
cvs [update aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****
cvs commit -m "my 1st file " -- csaha.txt (in directory D:\cvshome-client\myproj\)
cvs commit: failed to create lock directory for `/usr/local/cvsroot/myproj' (/usr/local/cvsroot/myproj/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs commit: lock failed - giving up
cvs [commit aborted]: lock failed - giving up
***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

Thanks in advance to all
Chirantan Saha