[cvsnt] cvs server: warning: <file> is not (any longer) pertinent

Nuno Rocha nuno.a.rocha at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 09:42:39 BST 2007

Hi,

ok, I think I've figured it out but nonetheless I'll write here a sequence
of commands and ask if I've understood the situation correctly.

Here it goes:
1 - cvs -d $CVSROOT checkout -d c:\checkouts --
test_directory\test1\dummy.txt (here everything goes fine)
2 - cvs -d $CVSROOT checkout -d c:\checkouts --
test_directory\another_test\another_dummy.txt (here the warning message
appears and nothing is checked out)

I think that this is because I can't do a checkout from two different
locations to a single local directory. The CVS folder created when a
file/module is checkout contains several information regarding the module
from where the file was checked out, so when trying to checkout a file that
is in a different directory in the server it "blows up". Is this right?

Does anyone knows another solution than delete the CVS folder after doing
whatever I want to do with the checked out file, so that I'm able to do
another checkout to the same local directory?

Regards,
Nuno