[cvsnt] Problem in checking out a file in specific folder

Ved Patel vedprakash.patel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 12:49:17 BST 2007

Hi,

I have some issues with checking out a file from CVS repository to specific
folder. I have user interface where user can set the folder where he wants
the project to be checked out. Now I want to checkout the solution file in
particular folder and other files in respective folders as per project
structure in CVS.

But I am getting some issues while executing the command  as below for
checking out a single file in specific folder.

The steps are as follows:

1) Setting the working folder where user want to checkout the file. (eg.
D:\CVSTesting)

2)cvs command :

"cvs -d :sspi:localhost:/repository checkout
"1cal/ClassLibrary8/ClassLibrary.sln"

"1cal/ClassLibrary8/" is the path in repository from where we want to
checkout the file in "D:\CVSTesting" folder.

But it was creating the same path structure under "D:\CVSTesting" i.e. the
complet path is "D:\CVSTesting\1cal\ClassLibrary8\ClassLibrary.sln"

But I am expecting the folder structure as "D:\CVSTesting\ClassLibrary.sln"
in local machine. The required file should be checked out in particular
folder.

How can I do this? Is there any option available with the command to get a
file in specific folder?

Thanks & Regards,

Ved