[cvsnt] Sticky directory tag on rename?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Fri Jun 29 16:10:31 BST 2007

Hello,

I just ventured into my first renames recently. So far it seems to have
worked. But I noticed that (with WinCvs and TCVS) the directories that
contain renamed files now show a sticky tag of ":1.2". I have a few
questions related to this.

How does this relate to the "normal" sticky tags? Say if I put one of these
directories on a branch, would the sticky tag now be "branch:1.2"?

What command shows me these sticky tags? I tried status and log, but they
seem to only display file statuses and file logs. The sticky tags in
question are on directories only; the files inside these directories don't
show them. I see them in the GUIs, but I'd like to be able to find them
with command line tools, also.

Is the increment (or not) of this directory sticky tag an indication (or
even proof) that the rename command was executed properly (or not)?

Thanks,
Gerhard