[cvsnt] problem with csvnt login

Priya Kavathekar pkavathekar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 15:10:14 GMT 2007

Hello ,

I have installed CVSNT on my windows xp machine and configured the
cvsrepository as per the instruction also created group and assigend users
to the group but when i am trying to do cvs login it is givng following
error: -1 unkown error

When I tried running cvsservice -test it is giving me following error

C:\Program files\CVSNT>cvsservice -test
CVSNT 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2115 (Oct  9 2005) starting in test mode.
TEMP/TMP currently set to D:\Temp
Initialising socket...
Starting auth server on port 2401/tcp...
Couldn't register with active directory: Configuration information could
not be read from the domain controller, either because the machine is
unavailable, or
access has been denied.
CVSNT initialised successfully

I installed while logged into an id with Administrator privileges, and it
should have write access to the files in the cvs repository.  Does anyone
have any idea about this error.

Thanks
Priya