[cvsnt] viewvc repecting cvsnt's ACLs

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Mar 7 21:23:07 GMT 2007

Jürgen,

Thanks for re-posting.

There are others in this forum who regularly use ViewVC so I'll leave them to answer your question.

However about 6 months ago the CVSNT project "forked" and a new project started called "EVS" (enterprise versioning system).  The goal of this is to create an open platform for CM/SCM - it has integrated web based functions such as browsing the repository.  Since it's integrated into the EVS engine it DOES respect the ACLs.

A new beta of evs is due soon ( the current one doesn't have the web functions, but I have seen them demonstrated in Madrid about 5 weeks ago ).  Long term EVS will be your solution I think.
http://www.evscm.org/

Short term I'll leave it for the ViewVC users to answer.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett