[cvsnt] viewvc repecting cvsnt's ACLs

Torsten Martinsen torsten at vip.cybercity.dk
Fri Mar 9 21:37:26 GMT 2007

Jürgen Depicker wrote:
> I have to disagree partly with Bo, sorry ;-).
> I can password-protect directories by using apache directives:

True, but that assumes that every file in that directory uses the same
ACL. This is not always the case.
> Am I wrong thinking this is an interesting extension to cvsnt, if we
> would set up such an integrated system, with viewvc respecting acls?  Or
> am I the only one interested in such a thing?  Or was I wrong n
> selecting cvs, and is svn the way to go?  Why did viewvc drop cvs
> development?
I don't think they have ever 'dropped CVS'. Indeed, they support the
CVSNT RCS wrappers directly.

Assuming that the CVSNT RCS wrappers respect the ACL's, it is simply a
matter of making ViewVC run as the authenticated user. You can create a
small setuid program for this.

-Torsten