[cvsnt] Multiple vendor branches

Rick Martin rsmandcam at _NO_SPAM_sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 14 14:53:07 GMT 2007

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:10:10 -0300, Gerhard Fiedler wrote:

>> That's what I also thought what might be a solution to my problem. I
>> just wanted to avoid all those manual steps of adding new files and
>> identifying and removing removed files
>
> It sounds more complicated than it is. With WinCvs and flat view sorted by
> file status, it's really quite straightforward. It doesn't take much longer
> than it takes you to think "aha, they added this and removed that, hm,
> interesting" :)

Gerhard,

Do you still maintain a vendor branch for their code?
So if I understand correctly, you're checking out their code on the vendor
branch and manually deleting all the files except the CVS sub-dirs. Then
installing the update to the sandbox and then committing the changes, add
new files and removing deleted ones?
I think I like it. I've been using import but their are a lot steps
involved and the potential for screwup is always large.

Thanks,
Rick