[cvsnt] Recent timezone change

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Mar 14 18:15:00 GMT 2007

Michael Wojcik wrote:
> I think (following a quick glance at my somewhat-out-of-date CVS
> sources) that CVSNT just uses localtime and friends to convert between
> local and universal time.  Those are implemented in the MSVC7 runtime.

We mostly use the OS routines except those for stat()/fstat() etc. which
are broken on all versions of the MSVC runtime (known bug that MS have
said they're not going to fix).  For those we either read the UTC value
directly off the file (for NTFS and friends) or go through a smarter
conversion (for FAT) (see http://www.codeproject.com/datetime/dstbugs.asp).