[cvsnt] SSPI and DNS alias problem under win2003 only ?

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Wed Mar 21 13:00:59 GMT 2007

Eh?  It's needed unless the user running the CVS client exists as a
security principal (with appropriate authority) in the domain (or
workgroup) where the server is running.

I typically use CVS with SSPI from client systems in one domain to
servers in other domains, without cross-domain trust.  cvs login is
definitely required.

It's also necessary if the user wants to use different credentials under
the CVS server, which is relatively common in my experience,
particularly among people who practice good separation of duties and
therefore don't work in a privileged account all the time.

> It *can* be used but only if CVSROOT is of the form:
>   :sspi:user at cvsserver:/repo
> and none of your examples use this format.

Agreed.

--
Michael Wojcik
Principal Software Systems Developer, Micro Focus