[cvsnt] Problem using binary option -kB

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed May 2 22:24:08 BST 2007

Fabrice,

I don't recommend the use of cvs admin -o, and definitely not with -kB...

I can understand you needing to free up some space with -kb revisions, but -kB revisions should be small enough (and disk space cheap enough) that it is no longer required to remove revisions.

In short: if you are going to use cvs admin -o, use -kb, if you want to avoid cvs admin -o, use -kB.

You've probably found a bug, but due to the above reasons it's unlikely that anyone on the commercial side are going to spend time trying to fix it in the near future - but of course you (or anyone else) can checkout the sources and fix it and submit a patch to cvsnt-dev which we'll gladly put into the next build.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett