[cvsnt] Extra line added automatically in all files.

Madhu Nadig amadhu127 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 06:59:49 BST 2007

Hi,

I am using windows XP as client and Linux as Server for CVSNT.

While importing I have followed following procedure.

1. Copied Code base to /home/Madhu/temp folder.

2. Then I have used imported the code base to the repository created.

cvs -d repository_path import name_of_project vendor_tag release_tag

it has not imported any of '.a', '.o' and '.obj' files and it has imported
all the files as

test mode. Later I have added all the missing files and changed the binary
files to binary format (such as '.lib', '.bin', '.exe' etc).

Now I am facing another problem.

When I checkout the code to my local system, it is adding extra line (in
every line) in every files including binary files.

When I open any .cpp file using VIM editor, it is showing '^M' character at
the end of each line.

Please suggest me some solution to come out of this problem.

Best regards

Madhu K N